NATIONAL REGISTER HISTORIC DISTRICT
On June 16, 2004 the Jackson Historic District was entered in the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior.
In addition to an intact Business District, the town has an assemblage of modest and sophisticated domestic architecture from the early to mid-nineteenth century up to the mid-twentieth century. The 1858 Northampton County Courthouse, situated in the center of the Historic District, is one of the South’s finest Antebellum Greek Revival style courthouses. Other architectural styles represented in the District include Queen Anne, Colonial Revival, Gothic Revival, Bungalow/Craftsman, and the Modern Movement.